The Bishop's First Bride by Rayanna Jamison

Rayanna Jamison was kind enough to come over to my blog today to showcase her newest book The Bishop's First Bride.

Excerpt:

~~~

“I…Do you believe in domestic discipline, Luke?”

“Well, this is kind of heavy conversation for the beginning of our first date, but since you asked, I do. I am a major proponent for domestic discipline and what it can do for a marriage. Is that a problem?”

“I….No, it’s just...”  Rosa trailed off. She could literally feel her face turning purple. She hated that it did that. It was not a good color for her. “Most women don’t mind it because they go from being spanked by their parents as children to being spanked by their husband as adults. But, my father doesn’t believe in spanking his children, at least not his daughters, and he only had girls.”

“So, what you’re saying is, that you’ve never had a spanking?” 

Rosa could not believe that this was the very first real conversation she and Luke were having. She nearly wanted to curse the loud mouthed ladies at the next table. Her only consolation was that Luke looked as displeased about it as she felt. However, he was still looking at her expectantly, and Rosa realized he was waiting for an answer.

“No, I never have,” she admitted quietly.

“Does it bother you too much that I intend to have domestic discipline in my marriage?” Luke looked nearly terrified at the thought of upsetting her, but she could also see from his steely gaze, that he would not be swayed from his position on the subject.

“Truthfully?” she asked and Luke nodded. 

“I realize that I would be hard pressed to find a man here who doesn’t expect to live that way. My father spanks my mothers, just not us kids. So, I do understand it. I am a little terrified at the idea of a real spanking, but I understand how the concept is beneficial when practiced correctly with someone you trust. And I do trust you, Lucas.”

“I’m so glad Rosa, to hear you say that. I promise to never make you doubt that trust.” He paused. “I do believe in domestic discipline, and I do want it to be a part of our life. But, it’s like my dad always says, if you don’t want to be punished, don’t do anything to warrant a punishment.”

Rosa nodded. “My father says the same thing.”

Luke sighed as the waitress headed towards them with their food. “I think it’s time we moved to lighter conversation.”

Rosa let out a breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding. And drew it in once more at Luke’s last words. 

“I don’t ever want to catch you eavesdropping like that again, Rosa. It’s not becoming.”

Rosa dipped a fry in her ketchup and nodded, praying that this truly was the end of that part of the conversation. “Yes, Lucas, I understand.”

~~~

The Bishop's First Bride
by Rayanna Jamison

Rosa Collins was only sixteen when she received a vision telling her of her future husband. Knowing that her husband would be Lucas, the Bishop's son, and future Bishop of Green Valley, both thrilled and terrified her. They were a match made in heaven, she knew, perfect for each other.

But becoming the Bishop's Wife is harder than Rosa anticipated. She struggles to transform herself into the perfect Bishop's Wife that her husband needs.

Lucas misses the real Rosa. Somewhere between getting married, and becoming the future Bishop's wife, his beloved wife has lost part of herself. Lucas knows that a good, old fashioned spanking is exactly what Rosa needs to help her find balance in her unrealistic expectations of what the perfect wife should be. But, try as he might, that balance doesn't come easily for Rosa, and it certainly didn't help that her high school nemesis kept popping up and making trouble.

Will Lucas help her realize that all he wants is for his wife to be happy? Can Rosa pull herself together enough to become the Bishop's First Wife?

Available from:
Amazon - Blushing Books - Barnes and Noble

Find Rayanna online:
Amazon Author Page - Blog - Facebook

Labels: , , , ,