I don't care about the chair #WIPItUp #romance #inspirational #courting


Hey,  WiPItUp WednesdayCourted by a Knight, book 6 of the In Hyacinth series is now available! In this snippet, Deeka has overheard a conversation between her father and Curtis with the man she loved giving all the reasons he thought being with him would be a bad idea. She disagrees.

~~~~~

“I don’t care about the chair,” she whispered, walking out onto the deck. His head whipped around and he stared at her in surprise as her father looked up. “I don’t care that your legs are going to get worse. Because your legs aren’t you, Curtis. You’re the man I’ve been getting to know over the last month, the intelligent guy who writes incredibly intriguing novels, the amazing man who has travelled the world and even if I lived to be a hundred would always have something interesting to tell me, and the gorgeous guy,” she whispered, knowing her tear ducts were overacting again, “I look forward to seeing every time you come over. I don’t care about the wheelchair, Curtis. I just don’t care.” Tears dripped down her cheeks but she kept staring into his deep green eyes.

“Deeka,” he said softly. “It’s a lot to ask of anyone.”

“No, it isn’t,” she disagreed. “It’s a lot to ask of someone who cares more about herself than anyone else, maybe, but being with someone I loved? The chair doesn’t matter. I’ve worked with people who have lost their freedom of movement and it didn’t make a difference to me as they were still the same people. And I don’t care that you can’t make a baby, either. There are tons of adoptable children out there.”

“See?” Barrett said. “I told you Deeka was a very special girl.”

Sighing, Curtis nodded. “I know. I mean, sure, you’re a good friend, Barrett, but I’ve been coming back to see Deeka.”

“Then don’t let the chair get in the way,” she begged softly. “Please.”

His eyes softened and he held his hand out. Cautiously, she looked over at her father, who nodded. She walked up to Curtis and took his hand, loving the warmth and the strength it held. “These are the hands of an amazing man,” she whispered, gasping as he tugged her onto his lap. Giggling softly, she looked up at him, happy to see the incredible warmth in his eyes.

“I don’t do anything halfway,” he said quietly. “When I do something, it’s with full intent and complete commitment. Do you understand, Deeka? If I ask your father and the town council to court you, it’s a guarantee that I’ll put my full effort into this. You will see me. All of me. At my worst. My most demanding. When my legs are out of control and shaking like mad. You will see all of it. Are you ready for such a promise?”

~~~~~

Courted by a Knight
Book Six of In Hyacinth

Now available

Deeka Williams is uncertain of her courting year. The list of single men in town who are looking for a wife does not give her a lot of hope. Until one of her father’s friends comes over for dinner. Intelligent, a gentleman, and sociable, Curtis Brenten catches her attention quickly, especially after he defends her against a bully. Unfortunately, he also seems to think that no woman would want a man in a wheelchair.

Between trying to convince Curtis that he is not his disability and fighting against the bully who delights in teasing her ruthlessly, she’s busy enough. But when she breaks a rule too many times by lashing out, she may have lost everything she has been trying to achieve. Have they built enough of a foundation to weather this storm or will the man she considers her knight walk away?

About the series In Hyacinth:

Hyacinth, Washington is all about traditional values. In Hyacinth; its residents live their lives by discipline; there is a strong male head of house; and words like trust, honor, and kindness aren't just buzzwords. Each story in the series is of a young woman (18-20) and her struggle to figure out who she is in this little town while at the same time going through Hyacinth's old-fashioned courting system. On their way to meet, get to know, and finally marry their princes, these heroines grow in ways they and their town never expected.

Ebooks:
Courted by Discipline, Book One is available.
Courted by Fall, Book Two is available.
Courted by Trouble, Book Three is available.
Courted by Understanding, Book Four is available.
Courted by Experience, Book Five is available
Courted by a Knight, Book Six is available

Print Editions:
Volume 1 (includes books 1 & 2) is available.

Audiobooks:
Courted by Discipline, Book One is available.
Courted by Fall, Book Two is available
Courted by Trouble, Book Three is available

Check out some more great WIPs

Labels: , , , , , , , ,